ellulite is a huge skin-related concern for numerous women all over the world. In this condition the skin on the affected body parts tends to look wrinkled and bumpy. This condition often makes women feel conscious and embarrassed of their skin’s appearance. That is the reason why there are plenty of different types of anti-cellulite products such as creams and lotions being sold in the beauty stores these days. However, if you are looking for natural and more reliable ways to reduce cellulite then do read on as here we have listed the names of some of the most effective and popular home remedies used for getting rid of cellulite.
What Is Cellulite?
A skin condition in which lumpy, wrinkles get formed on the skin’s surface, cellulite is an exceedingly common problem among women. The dimpling of the skin often occurs on abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks. It mostly affects adult women. Despite being mostly a harmless condition, cellulite can become a cause of great concern because they adversely affect the appearance of the skin. It is rather easy to spot this condition, as when cellulite develop they not just cause the skin’s texture to become wrinkly but may also turn the skin’s color. Women who have mild case of cellulite may notice their skin become lumpy when they pinch it, while the ones with severe cellulite pockets are more likely to see wrinkled skin even without doing anything. 
What Causes Cellulite?
Despite being a highly common skin condition, there is not much discovered about the possible causes of cellulites. However, studies have found that accumulation of fat cells may lead to cellulite formation on the skin’s surface. That is because, when there is a build-up of fat cells, then they may end up pushing against the skin leading to formation of dimples on the skin. Even toxins and impurities can play a role in the formation of cellulite. 
What Are The Risk Factors Of Cellulite?
This condition is more likely to affect women than men, because in women’s body fat cells tend to usually get accumulated in the areas such as hips, thighs and abdomen. Other possible risk factor of cellulite is ageing, as with ageing the skin tends to lose its natural elasticity thereby leading to dimpling. Genetics as well as weight gain are also considered to be common risk factors of developing cellulite. Also, it is found that people who have a sedentary lifestyle are more likely to suffer from this skin condition. 
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
A variety of ways can be used to reduce the prominence of cellulite from the skin’s surface. Even though, no single method is known to be entirely effective in removing cellulite forever, it has been found that some methods can result in reduction of cellulites. Procedures such as liposuction are known to be effective to some degree in reducing cellulites, however, they often accompany a host of side effects. That is why, it is said that natural methods are far safer and more inexpensive in dealing with this condition. Since ages women have tried innumerable ways to eradicate cellulites and some of these ways have stood the test of time. 
What Are The Disadvantages Of Cellulite?
The development of cellulite on the skin’s surface can not only wreak havoc on the skin’s appearance but also lead to health-related issues. As development of cellulite causes clogging of the fatty cells that lead to formation of the watery deposits. All of this can adversely affect the blood circulation and hamper the activity of the lymphatic system. While the obvious result of cellulite is development of wrinkled skin on the surface, in few cases it may even lead to pain while massaging the skin. 
What Are The Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
Some of the effective home remedies for cellulite reduction are listed below:
1. Dry Brushing
A true favorite and effective at-home remedy used for cleaning the lympathic system, dry brushing is also a potent remedy for reducing cellulites. This method can remove the waste from the skin and eliminate the accumulated toxins while promoting circulation of blood in the skin.
How To Use
- Use a soft-bristle dry brush to brush your skin with before taking a shower.
- Use the brush to create long strokes starting from the feet and moving upwards.
- Once done, take hot shower for 30 seconds before switching to cold shower for another 30 seconds.
- Try this for 5-6 times to enhance the effectiveness of dry brushing.
- After shower, rub your skin gently and massage it with an oil (almond, coconut, cocoa butter or olive).
- Pamper your skin with dry brushing on a daily basis. 
2. Sea Salt Bath
Another potent at-home remedy that has been a true favorite for its cellulite-reducing abilities is sea salt bath. Sea salt, specifically the one from the Dead Sea is considered to be particularly potent. The reason being, that it contains magnetism, calcium, iodine along with iron. Taking a sea salt bath can remove both the water and the waste present in the tissue, without drying the skin.
How To Use
- Take 2 cups of coarse sea salt crystals and dissolve them in hot bath water.
- Let yourself stay in that bath for about 20 minutes.
- Follow up by rinsing your skin with warm water.
- Tap the skin dry and lie under a blanket for good half an hour.
- Try this home remedy at least 1-2 times a week for optimum results. 
3. Coffee Grounds
One home remedy that has gained a great deal of popularity in the beauty community because of its incredible cellulite-reducing properties is coffee grounds. That is because coffee grounds contain caffeine, a vital ingredient that possesses the ability to fight off cellulite. This ingredient is often used as a key component in over-the-counter cellulite creams. From promoting blood flow in the skin to breaking down fat deposits that cause the development of cellulite, there are tons of ways in which coffee grounds can work wonders on the state of your skin.
However, it is essential to go for topical application as consumption of too much coffee could worsen the case of cellulite. Application of coffee grounds to the skin can effectively release fat from the fat cells that can be found well under the surface of the skin whilst removing toxins from the skin and encouraging blood circulation in it. Since 1950’s this home remedy has been famous among Hollywood celebrities, in fact, now more and more women are trying coffee grounds for cellulite fighting reasons. It can be used 2-3 times a week to reduce the prominence of cellulite.
How To Use
- Warm fresh coffee grounds in a microwave for a few seconds.
- Combine the coffee grounds with 1 tablespoon of either coconut oil or olive oil.
- Spread the mixture all over the affected areas where you have cellulite.
- Wrap up the areas with plastic wrap and allow it to stay like that for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the wrap and rinse off the residue from the skin.
- Follow up by massaging the area for a few minutes to boost circulation.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water. 
4. Detox Body Wrap
Body wraps have been around for ages. In different cultures all over the world, women used to make use of body wraps for a myriad of purposes such as detoxification and reducing cellulite. Widely used as a supplement to detoxification program, application of a body wrap can aid in eradicating toxins from skin. As being the largest organ of the body, skin easily ends up accumulating toxins and impurities. For the purpose of removing cellulite, you can use body wraps containing components such as herbs, salt, seaweed, etc., that can promote sweating thereby burning fat and eliminating toxins. By doing all this, usage of this age-old home remedy can result is cellulite reduction. 
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Possessing a wide array of minerals like potassium, calcium along with magnesium makes apple cider vinegar another traditional home remedy worth trying for combating cellulite. The existence of these compounds in apple cider vinegar can work wonders on cellulite-affected areas such as thighs. This remedy works effectively on high cellulite concentration areas which have build-up of toxins. From removing toxins to releasing water retention, apple cider vinegar can benefit the state of your cellulite-affected skin in a plenty of ways. The two effective ways of using this natural remedy are listed below.
- Combine ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Add a little bit of honey to the solution.
- Mix the ingredients and put it all over the troubled areas.
- Thoroughly massage the area and let the homemade mixture stay on your skin for good 30 minutes.
- Take a shower with warm water and gently rinse off the residue from the skin.
- For achieving prominent results, you can try using this home remedy twice daily. 
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar and two parts of water to get the solution ready.
- Rub the resulting solution all over the areas where you have cellulite.
- Wrap the skin with a clean plastic wrap and place a warm towel
- Allow it to stay like that for an hour.
- Remove the towel and wrap and rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
- Try this method once a day for cellulite reduction. 
6. Juniper Oil
Packed with incredible detoxifying properties, juniper oil is also a potent at-home remedy that can decrease water retention in the skin thereby resulting in fewer cellulite pockets.
How To Use
- Combine 10-15 drops of juniper oil with 1/4th cup of olive oil.
- Create the mixture and massage all over the affected areas for good 10 minutes.
- This method can be tried twice a day for prominent results. 
7. Hemp Seed Oil
Considered as one of the most amazingly beneficial oils, hemp seed oil is another potent remedy that can come in handy while battling the cellulite problem. It has been hailed as a champion remedy when it comes to reducing cellulite. This oil is known to possess high levels of omega 3, 6 and 9, gamma linolenic acid (a fatty acid that helps with weight loss). This particular acid also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Aside from that, this oil is a fantastic source of protein and important amino acids. Hemp seed oil also possesses calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus as well as vitamin E. Topical application of hemp seed oil can have a restorative and nourishing impact on the skin. In common practice, people like to combine it with cellulite massage oils for reducing the prominence of cellulite from the affected areas. 
Renowned for its impressive properties of being an excellent exfoliating agent that can boost blood circulation, remove toxins and significantly improve the texture of the skin, seaweed is also a fantastic home remedy that can help you get rid of the appearance of the cellulite. The methods of using this remedy are listed here:
- Merge 3 tablespoons of seaweed, preferably ground seaweed, with 1/4th cup of olive oil (extra virgin), sea salt and an essential oil (just a few drops).
- Create the mixture and massage the affected area on the skin with it.
- Massage for 10 minutes before you take a shower.
- Follow up by applying a moisturizer.
- Use this amazing remedy at least once a day for weeks to get desired results.
- Prepare a bathtub with tepid water.
- Once done, add four seaweed sheets to the bath.
- Soak your body in that bath for good 20 minutes.
- For achieving maximum benefits from this method, try it twice a week. 
9. Grapefruit Oil
Grapefruit essential oil is comprised for excellent properties. That is why this essential oil is widely used in many commercial skin care products such as anti-cellulite creams. To establish its efficacy in fighting off cellulite, various studies were conducted. And, some of those studies found that grapefruit essential oil is capable of hindering the development of cellulite on areas such as thigh and buttocks. Because of that this essential oil has become popular as an important and effective remedy for dealing with cellulite. 
What Are The Other Ways To Reduce Cellulite?
The following are some other ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite:
1. Detoxification Diet
Following a detoxification diet is also cited as an effective way of reducing cellulite. In this diet, it is essential to stay away from alcohol, caffeine, saturated food, refined food, refined carbohydrates, diet or sleeping pills, laxatives, smoking cigarettes. This diet recommends a person to consume fresh fruits, vegetables, drink more water, and make sure to eat dishes that contain fibers and essential nutrients such as vitamin B and C, calcium and potassium. Opting for a detoxification diet can come in handy for reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Another natural way of fighting off the cellulite problem is exercise. One of the most effective and a highly affordable way of eradicating cellulite, regular exercise can work wonders by toning the muscles, promoting circulation and improving the lymphatic drainage. Moreover, you can try different forms of exercise such as aerobics, yoga, Pilates and many more. Furthermore, staying active on a regular basis by walking, stair climbing and biking can also have a positive effect and help ward off cellulite or make the present ones go away. 
Improve the quality of your life by following healthy diets, staying physically active and staying away from unhealthy lifestyle and most importantly try out the traditional home remedies to achieve cellulite-free skin. Go ahead and make the home remedies a part of your daily or weekly skincare routine for prominent results.