aw milk is the milk that has not gone through the process of pasteurization. The sources of raw milk are grass-fed animals like cows and goats. When it comes to the consumption of raw milk, different countries around the world follow different rules and regulations. For instance, while raw milk consumption is cited as normal in African and Asian countries, shops in Scandinavian nations like Norway, Sweden, and Denmark are not allowed to sell raw milk to customers. 
However, when it comes to raw milk, there is more than what meets the eye. In the last few decades, numerous scientific studies and clinical trials have been conducted to evaluate the health effects of raw milk. And, many of these studies have found that raw milk could prove to be beneficial in tackling a wide range of health-related problems. It could help build immunity and improve the health and appearance of the skin.
Here are the many ways in which raw milk could help improve your health.
Nutritional Value of Raw Milk
The nutrient-rich raw milk contains vitamins, 18 fatty acids, carbohydrates in the form of lactose, minerals, proteins and healthy cholesterol.
Raw milk also contains probiotics, bacteria that are considered to be great for brain activity and digestive system. In addition to that, raw milk is an incredible source of enzymes. These compounds play a crucial role in digestion by breaking down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. 
Benefits of Raw Milk
The following are the various health benefits of Raw Milk:
1. Helps Improve Skin Health
As discussed earlier, raw milk contains a variety of nutrients like proteins, minerals, vitamins and live organisms or probiotics. All these components allow raw milk to help improve the health of the skin. There are numerous people across the globe who are affected by a variety of skin-related problems like eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
Skin is the largest organ of the body is subjected to constant exposure to harmful environmental elements, bacteria, and fungi. However, with the help of probiotics, you could help your skin tackle these challenges in an effective manner. It has been found that probiotic bacteriotherapy can play a significant role in reducing troubling skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, eczema, allergic inflammation and skin hypersensitivity. Also, it can help reduce skin damage that is often caused by exposure to harsh UV rays. Furthermore, probiotics can provide wound protection to the skin and also be used as a cosmetic product. 
2. Helps Build Immunity
A lot of experts believe that raw milk consumption can build immunity and improve health. According to them, regular use of raw milk can reduce the chances of infection caused by pathogens. A study was conducted in 1987 to evaluate the ability of raw milk to fight off certain types of infections. A total of 31 college students participated in this study. According to the reports, the attack rate of Campylobacter, a disease-causing bacterium, was low among participants who had previously consumed raw milk. It was found that the presence of antibodies like campylobacter jejuni enables raw milk to ward off certain types of infections. Another study conducted by Mark McAfee of Organic Pastures found that drinking raw milk can help improve the function of your immune system. 
3. Contains Probiotic Bacteria
Raw milk is known to contain probiotics, live microorganisms that are known for a wide array of health-benefiting activities.  An organic milk farm in California found that raw milk from cows possesses fewer pathogenic microorganisms and more probiotic organisms. 
In the last two decades, a vast array of scientific studies has been conducted to determine the health benefits of these live microorganisms. And, a lot of these studies have shown that there are plenty of ways in which probiotic bacteria can help improve health. Here are some of the beneficial effects attributed to probiotics:
- It can help in fighting antibiotic-associated diarrhea which is a common side effect of antibiotic therapy.
- It can help reduce the duration of acute infantile diarrhea that is often caused by rotavirus. This condition is believed to be a significant cause of infant mortality. A French scientific study found that when compared to conventional treatment, probiotic yogurt can shorten the mean duration of diarrhea significantly.
- It can also play a role in decreasing cancer incidence.
- It can reduce serum cholesterol levels and help control high blood pressure. By doing so, probiotic bacteria could help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. 
4. Helps Fight Asthma and Allergies
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the lungs. On the other hand, allergies are conditions that result from the hypersensitivity of the immune system. Both these problems are quite common and cause a great deal of discomfort. If you are someone who either has asthma or any of the allergic diseases, then raw milk could prove to be helpful.
Consumption of unpasteurized milk can help alleviate asthma and allergies. A few European studies found that raw milk consumption reduced the risk of health problems like asthma, hay fever, and atopic sensitization. In 2015, Loss and colleagues studied the effect of raw milk consumption on common infections. The study involved 1000 children from rural areas across 5 European nations. It was concluded that consumption of raw milk had an adverse effect on conditions like rhinitis, infections of the respiratory tract, fever, and otitis. Experts found that early-life exposure to raw milk provided protection against allergy disorders. 
5.Helps Reduce Lactose Intolerance
Raw milk is enriched with probiotics. These are live organisms that are capable of improving lactose metabolism, and therefore beneficial for those who suffer from lactose intolerance.  Lactose is the primary carbohydrate that can be found in milk products. There are a lot of people all over the world who suffer from the condition lactose intolerance. When someone who has lactose intolerance consumes any product that contains lactose, he or she may experience problematic symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, abdominal pain and flatulence. This condition is highly common. It is estimated that nearly 65% of the population is affected by it. And, when it comes to reducing lactose intolerance, raw milk could prove to be quite beneficial. 
How to Use Raw Milk on Your Skin?
1. You can use raw milk for clearing scars, reducing wrinkles and making rough skin soft and smooth. Just dip a cotton ball in raw milk and dab it all over the skin on your face, neck area and hands. Gently massage your skin for 5-10 minutes and allow it to dry for the next 20 minutes. Once done, rinse off the milk with fresh water. In addition to this method, you can also try adding a small amount of raw milk to your bathwater to get soft and supple skin. 
2. To get rid of unsightly pimples, you can use a blend of raw milk and cloves. Just grind a few cloves and mix it with raw milk. Once the paste is ready, slather it all over the affected area. Allow the paste to dry before washing it off. 
3. Raw milk is also used in combination with other natural ingredients for reducing the prominence of signs of aging such as wrinkles. If you are troubled with noticeable wrinkles on your face, then you could try creating a blend of two spoons of raw milk, half of a ripe banana, and half a spoon of fresh cream. Thoroughly mix the components to get a smooth paste. Once done, smear the resulting paste all over your face and allow it to sit there for 10 minutes. Afterward, rinse your face with water to wash off the residue. 
4. Raw milk can also be used for making herbal milk cleanser. This type of cleanser can remove dirt from the skin without removing the protective oils from the surface. You will require a cup of raw milk and a tablespoon of a dried herb to create this homemade cleanser. At first, soak the herb in raw milk for a few hours. Once done, strain the solution and keep it in the refrigerator. Before using this cleanser, rinse your skin with warm water. Then dip a cotton ball in the herbal cleanser and gently wipe your skin with it. Next, rinse your face again with warm water to remove the residue and finish by rinsing your face with cold water. 
5. Raw milk could help in brightening up the dull and dry complexion. Just mix raw milk with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it to your face and neck. Apply this homemade mask at least half an hour before bath for better results. This incredible face mask could help make your skin radiant. 
6. To rejuvenate skin and restore its natural pH balance, you can also try an easy and effective do-it-yourself face mask made with raw milk, milk powder, fuller’s earth, and ground apple. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Slather the resulting paste all over your face and let it stay there for 15 minutes. Once done, rinse your face with water. This at-home skin care using raw milk can help revive your skin’s natural beauty and health. 
How to Consume Raw Milk?
There are plenty of ways in which you can consume raw milk. You can drink it alone or in combination with other natural ingredients to enhance the taste and health effects of raw milk. Some people like adding raw milk to their protein shakes while others prefer adding it to their meal replacement shakes.
However, raw milk has been identified as the source of foodborne illness outbreaks. A lot of surveys from countries all over the world have shown the presence of different types of pathogens in raw milk. Many public health organizations like the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) have expressed significant concerns regarding the consumption of raw milk. 
That is the reason why you should be extra careful while consuming raw milk. Even though numerous scientific studies have shown the health-benefiting features of raw milk and many people would vouch for the effectiveness of raw milk, it is essential to maintain caution to keep milk-borne diseases at bay. If you are suffering from certain health conditions, then you should check with your dietician before including raw milk in your diet.
Also, it is believed that pregnant women, older adults, infants, and young children should stay away from raw milk. That is because these individuals often have a weak immune system, and consumption of raw milk could increase the risk of infections and diseases.
Apart from that, you should be aware of the fact that there are multiple factors such as the geographical location in which raw milk was produced, the overall health of the source (cow, goat), soil quality, etc., that determine the nutritional content of raw milk. 
Raw milk is available in various places in the local market and it can also be bought from online stores. While people around the world most commonly consume pasteurized milk, there is no denying the fact that raw milk also possesses a plethora of health benefits. Its consumption or application to the skin could prove to be effective in reducing skin problems like eczema and acne. Raw milk consumption could also help in strengthening your immune system and coping with common and distressful conditions like asthma and allergies. If you want to explore the goodness of raw milk, it is wise and safe to consult with a specialist to find out if raw milk consumption could help improve your overall health and wellness.